Other Futures 2021
OTHER FUTURES is a multidisciplinary festival and exhibition that presents speculative visions of the future. We connect makers and thinkers from all over the world who use speculative fiction to imagine and build other futures with our communities.
OTHER FUTURES believes that we can build a fairer, more inclusive and cleaner world. It starts with imagining alternative routes to the future, but it does not end there. The speculative fiction in Other Futures is an instrument of change.
OTHER FUTURES is the place to be for people who are curious, open to new experiences and encounters, positive about their own role in building other futures with everyone present. We offer weird and mindshifting experiences to reflect and act upon!
Call For Volunteers
Are you interested in speculative fiction and new perspectives on the future? Want to make the Other Futures 2021 a success? Join our team!
We are looking for volunteers to support us with various tasks, including artist handling, hospitality, exhibition tours and attendance, information desk and body paint, photography, video registration, Q&A’s, make-up art and costume workshop assistance.
Who are you?
- you are interested in visual arts and informing visitors of the exhibition October 22 – November 11
- you are available during the festival on November 5 and 6
- you are prepared to run one shift on both days (4 – 8 hours per shift)
- you are enthusiastic and friendly
- you speak fluent English. Speaking another language is a plus, but not a must
What can we offer:
- being part of our OF’s vibrant team
- full access to all parts of the event
- a flashy Other Futures shirt
- access to the afterparty
- food and/or drinks
- a small reimbursement
The deadline for application is Sunday October 3rd and we will inform all applicants as soon as possible about our selection made and next steps to take. Attendance to the information meeting is required in order to become part of our great volunteer team!
>>Volunteer information meeting: Wednesday October 20st: 7pm to 9pm. Save the date!